Ideas about organizing files/folders/etc

Discussion in 'Installation' started by hrpro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. hrpro

hrpro New Member

Hi, I've finally got aMember loaded but am having trouble figuring out how to organize the things I want to have available for members. I have a bunch of forms I'll be adding to aMember but can't figure out the best way to put them so various forms are only available to certain members and some forms will be available to more than one group. Has anyone created a best practices sheet or have some ideas of how others are organizing all the information being added/used in aMember?
  2. benfitts

benfitts Member

Typically our clients are selling memberships.

Members of a certain type get access to certain downloads. We group all those downloads together and store them in a directory we secure with aMember. We also secure the download pages or at least the links to the downloads. (We may have un-secure content accessible on the page so it can be spidered by the search engines.)

If you have a more complicated site or sell individual downloads "a la carte" then you have to setup a lot more file protection.

If you want to share more about your site I can make more suggestions. However I need more information.