I swear I'm not crazy... One-Time Purchases?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by ielliott, Jan 28, 2005.

1. ielliott

ielliott Guest

Alex or anyone listening...

I swear I saw somewhere a list of add-ons and one of them was an add-on so you could take a one-time payment and deliver a digital product. I think it was $30.

Anyone know where I can find the list of add-ons to purchase?
    Also, is there a place that describes exactly what each one does?

Thanks in advance...

-Elliott
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Elliot,
    we don't have such list yet and other plugins are not yet ready for mass sale. We will rework our site soon and all information will be available.
  3. ielliott

ielliott Guest

Hi Alex,

I realized I found it in my amember member's area as a list you can reorder/order from.

Can you give any general info about the One time purchase plugin? What it does exactly and if it's available yet?

Thanks,
    Elliott
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Elliott,

I use this plug-in and it works great. Basically here is how it works.

When you install the plug-in, you establish how many downloads are allowed (this will be the same for all download products) and the Unix path to the download folder. Note that the products are placed in a folder on the root directory therefore they are not accessable by web browsing. Alex's program serves the files up from the root folder.

On a downloadable product the subscription time will be how long the download link will be available for that given product. You also have a field for the file name.

When someone purchases a downloadable product, they log in to find a download link on their membership page.

I wanted to deliver PDF files this way, but for some reason, it would not work. I simply "zipped" the PDFs and the resulting zip files are downloaded flawlessly.

Hope this helps!

Grant
  5. ielliott

ielliott Guest

Grant,

Great info - thank you!

-Elliott
  6. ielliott

ielliott Guest

Alex --

Is there an add-to-cart for digital product deliveries coming soon?

Part of my membership area will be offering discounts on e-books and I'd love to be able to sell more than one at a time!

Let me know what's available or what may be soon...

Thanks,
    Elliott