I need to know if amember is for my site.

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by vint, May 18, 2004.

1. vint

vint Guest

Ok I am creating a subscription website and need to know if amember is the right product for me.

I need the following :

- Index.html is basically an ad for the subscription.
    - Forums are SUBSCIBER ONLY and no one else can even register unless they are subscribing (Ive only seen where you register then chose to subscribe or not)
    - Forums with a portal main page. mainsite.com/main.php
    - Automatic creation of forum accounts after paypal payment
    - Yearly subscription renewal

Does amember provide all that and any recommendations for which forum to go with and which portal for that forum (Im more concerned about the forum then the portal and dont want phpnuke cause it restricts how much I can modify the forums).
  2. techhead

techhead Guest

Right for site

I'll take a shot at it although I am a newbie to aMember so you may want to get a 2cnd opinion.

aMember will work fine with the index as the ad page. You just link to the signup.php and aMember takes it from there.

Use the aMember forum plugin so registered clients will have automatic access to forums with the user and password that was set at signup.

For payment options, use the auto send notice to let clients know their subscription is about to expire and then they can do a manual renewal or you can set account options to automatic renewal (recurring payment) so the client doesn't have to do anything.

Does that cover it?
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember will do billing and account management for the forum (and portal).

Regarding forum and portal solution, I recommend you to have a look to vBulletin and vbPortal.