I have to assign a domain name before I can use it?

Discussion in 'Installation' started by lucky_ray, May 27, 2013.

1. lucky_ray

lucky_ray aMember Pro Customer

I bought Amember last night via PayPal and, in the absense of any further e-mails, just now noticed (via a link in the automatic e-mail) that I have access to a download area.

It appears that I am supposed to assign a domain name to a license. I really don't have plans to use this on more than one site but the domain I plan to install it on is a practice domain/server - not a live site.

After I download and install it, am I limited to using it on the practice domain?

Am I limited to one domain? I didn't see that advertised on the main site. Or is it an anti-piracy feature?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You can confirm with amember support- but usually they allow you to switch domains. The old domain hosted version will become inactive.

David
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

And I can suggest even better solution.
    Assign your live domain, then contact us in helpdesk and ask to provide temporary license for your testing domain.
  4. lucky_ray

Thanks. I see... Amember allows use with just one domain. A second domain would require a second license. It's a relief to know I can switch at any time. Thanks again,
  5. lucky_ray

ohhh.. that is a good solution. Unfortunately I already entered my test domain to get the license. But that's OK. I can always change it in the future. Thanks for the advice!