I have a suggestion for Helpdesk

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by aknetwork, Aug 16, 2011.

1. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

I suggest this:

- Having the option to set a limit of characters in tickets (to prevent looooong emails from members)

- Having the option to set a Maximum number of tickets per month (let's say a maximum of 8 tickets per user per month) with the ability to sell extra tickets (for those people who like to send 4 emails per day and 5 days a week)

This is a very honest and humble suggestion.

What do you guys think?
  2. graphixx

graphixx Member

Then time tracking,sell x nr of tickets as a package could be intresing also. Or even take a look at Kayako and how their ticket system works and implement/create the ticket system as a plugin for amember.....
    Just some thoughts:rolleyes:
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Thanks for suggestion! You also forgot to mention to copy their pricing :)
  4. alex

We will of course look into improving it, and it will be done - sooner or later. Right now we are concentrated on core of aMember Pro system.
  5. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

Guys: I am willing to pay for this.

Alex: I can pay you US$600 for developing this. You will save my company a lot of time reading loooooong emails by people who send us 5 emails per week.
  6. alex

OK, we will definitely take your $600 and implement this once we get v4 core stable. It is really not too hard to do.
  7. danhere

danhere New Member

aknetwork,

Although I can understand your problem, might I suggest that you be exremely careful with how you implement your new help system.

Having spent most of my adult life dealing with customers/users both in retail management and as a website/forum administrator with a large member list, I can see a danger of alienating your customers if not approached properly.

Limiting the length of help tickets isn't so far out of the norm, but I don't believe I've heard of a support system limiting how much someone could ask for support. I would look closely at how many people submit 6 emails in a day once in awhile for example and take that into account.

I guess having normal support and premium suppoprt might make sense, but again, use caution.

Sorry to butt in, just my two cents. ;)
  8. hank

hank New Member