.Htaccess File Customization for Approved URL

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by knowledgewave, Jun 4, 2012.

1. knowledgewave

knowledgewave New Member

We use and love how aMember has helped maintain our subscription membership services, but we have recently created our own application to better manage our corporate client accounts and allow our larger clients employees to create their own accounts user accunts (not aMember accounts) We want to continue to use aMember, but needed more flexiblity for larger clients and customization was needed.

My question: Is there some code that I can add the .htaccess file that will bypass looking to the password file if the user is attempting to log to a protected directory via link from an appoved site. I tried adding the below where the number is the IP of our server manging our corporate accounts. It seemed to mess up the .htaccess for aMember accounts and still didn't work from the site hosted at the IP.

Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 1.2.3.x
  2. knowledgewave

knowledgewave New Member

I didn't find a way to use .htaccess modification for positive results. I did reach out and receive a reply from another aMember pro user that used the open API to varify if user has active subscription to some specific product. Apparently the API was introduced in aMember (4.2.4).

I'm hoping this will work.