How to upgrade from a brand new V3 to aMember V4?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by shopitpress, Nov 30, 2011.

1. shopitpress

shopitpress New Member

Hi everyone, so about 1 week ago I purchased aMember and decided to install V3, now V4 is out... damn,.. I have everything configured already and setup... BUT I still haven't gone live so I still have no members or orders so it's basically a brand new installation of V3.... my question is how can I upgrade to V4? I mean step by step... what do I have to do?

Thanks everyone

Claudio
  2. trainsem

trainsem Member

Please add me to this list.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Alex is working on detailed ugrade instructions which will be available in docs later.
    What I want to tell is if you does not have users in v3 you don't need to upgrade.
    Just install v4 and configure it the same way. You will not be able to import settings, only products/users/payments can be imported (and since you don't have any users, this will be useless for you)
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

In short, if your installation has no members, you do not need to upgrade.
    aMember Pro v4 is so much different that you have to remove v3, then install v4 into the same folder.
    (make sure first that your payment processor and integration plugins are ported).

Then re-configure it again, I know that is pain, but we did a lot of work to make configuration much simpler in v4.
  5. shopitpress

shopitpress New Member

Ok guys thanks for the replies, so here's the thing... are you saying that since my V3 installation is brand new, I should remove it completely and install V4 and start all over again? That would eb the best option?

About the plugins and integration... I only use the Wordpress plugin and for payment I use Paypal, do I need to do something else? will the WP plugin be compatible with V4?

thanks
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is the best option.

PayPal and WP are both well supported by v4. You will have to re-install aMember plugin into Wordpress but that is smooth process. There is a great manual authored by Grant Swaim: http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress