How to Set Default Country in version 4.4.4

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by timjenkinsqb, Mar 1, 2015.

1. timjenkinsqb

timjenkinsqb New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to set "United States" as the default country so that the users do not have to make a selection when signing up. I recently read a similar thread however that solution doesn't seem to exist in version 4.4.4. Can anyone assist? Thanks.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

The thread you link to is for the old Version 3.

To change default country in V4 go to Admin panel > 'Forms Editor' > 'Edit Signup form' > on address brick select 'Configure' and the option to change default address is there.
  3. timjenkinsqb

timjenkinsqb New Member

Thank you for your help. I did what you advised however I think I might have been unclear. It's the second screen that's asking for the country (billing page? and I'm using "Stripe").

Attached are 2 screenshots: 1 is the first page, which is fine and the 2nd page is where it's asking for the Country.

---FIRST PAGE---
    screen1.jpg
    ---SECOND PAGE---
    screen2.jpg
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Don't know but that page looks as if it is payment processors rather than an aMember one.

If you collected their address details in aMember is this then not passed to payment processor automatically?
  5. timjenkinsqb

timjenkinsqb New Member

That's correct, it's asking for it twice. Thank you so much for your help. I'll just live with it until I figure it out for the time being.