How to Prevent Amember from Unsubscribing from my MailChimp

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by carlene, Mar 28, 2016.

1. carlene

carlene New Member

I have been trying to figure out why my newsletter members have been unsubscribed by me. Finally, I realized it is aMember doing it. I have searched the forum and saw that this is a function. That when someone's membership expires from aMember, it unsubscribes them from my MailChimp account.

I so don't want that happening. How do I stop that.

A second part of this is that it is unsubscribing people when they go from one membership subscription type to another.

How do I stop this?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You need to edit access permissions for your lists at
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Newslatter -> (edit)
    in access permission you can see text 'from start to expiration'. You need to click on expiration link and change it to forever.
  3. carlene

carlene New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply. I figured it out. I went to the same place you said, but had to add free access to all. I tested it, and it didn't unsubscribe a current user. I had it set for my free membership to add them, not realizing when they paid they would be removed. I'm hoping this fix works. Thanks again.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Sounds good. Yeah, your approach should works as well if your free subscription is lifetime.
  5. carlene

carlene New Member

I wonder if I will run into more problems. I have two free memberships, but then I unsubscribe them when members do a paying membership. I didn't test that far out. Now I do understand how it never happened before. I just recently removed the free membership status with the paid membership. I'll go put all the free back on and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for helping me to understand this.