How to increase height of layout.phtml file? (Firefox - OK; IE - NOT OK)

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by tim_ferg, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tim_ferg

tim_ferg New Member

Need some help to fix an issue after customizing the template of the layout.phtml file.

I've added a header and footer to make the sign-up page look more like my site. The background color is blue. Problem is I noticed that the background color only stays for the current page size. If I scroll down, the color changes to white. This is a problem as my header and footers take up more room than just one page by the time they are added on top of the aMember standard table fields for various pages.

Any ideas how to fix?

By the way, no problems whatsoever if viewing the pages using Firefox. It is only using Internet Explorer I noticed the issue. Hopefully someone else has encountered this problem and knows the fix. Thanks!
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Web address?
  3. tim_ferg

tim_ferg New Member

I was able to figure it out. It's not elegant, but it works just fine:

body {background-color:#000066; height: 1500px}

Just add the above CSS command to the layout.phtml file. I just iterated until the height covered my longest sign-up page. Granted, it makes the other pages like the login page with a longer page height than necessary, but no big deal. The background height of blue stopping at one page height and defaulting to white was MUCH more distracting. Particularly since it was a sign-up page for sales (included a user agreement in the sign-up, hence stretching the page out more).

Thought I would post to try to help others who may encounter similar problems. Again, there are probably better solutions, but this works.