How to edit "If you already have an account on our website please login to continue" on signup page?

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by mporter9, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

When the customer lands on my signup page it says at the very top of the page: "If you already have an account on our website, please login to continue"

How can I delete this text? I am looking at the signup page called signup.phtml but I am not sure what I need to delete so that "If you already have an account on our website, please login to continue" does not show up on the page?

Thanks for the help.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember Cp -> Edit Messages, find the string and replace to single space or dot.
    mporter9 likes this.
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks Alex.

I just went in and was able to edit it by deleting the text and saving it with a "space".

Is there a way though to get rid of the blue bar that still goes across the page? I need it to disappear completely.

Thank you.
  4. leelbog1

leelbog1 New Member

@mporter9: There are 2 ways to do this:

EASY WAY: Hide it via CSS
    Just add the following to your CSS file:
    .am-login-text { display: none; }

HARDER WAY: Modify the template file /application/default/views/signup/_login-offer.phtml
    Empty this file and the blue box will disappear. Of course, you should keep a backup somewhere in case you need to restore it.

Hope this helps.
    mporter9 likes this.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for the help.
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member