How to do this? $1 Trial...

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by clenard1, Sep 13, 2009.

1. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let people try out my website for 7 days, for $1, but I'm not exactly how this might work?

Do I need to create another product ($1 for 7 days), or is it going to be more complicated then that?

Another problem is that I use iDevAffiliate, and I have lots of affiliates...

So, I'm trying to see if there's anything out there that would be able to filter out the 50% commissions on the $1 (not important, but seems like it may become a mess?), and then allow them to get the commissions on the full price when they go ahead and sign up for the normal membership.

Also, if I do create the trial - couldn't they just keep signing up for that $1 trial, and pretty much abuse the system?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Trial Price: $1
    Trial duration: 7 days
    Price: 29.95
    duration: 1 mos
    recurring checked

You can dissallow them signing up again with the same email, but thats about as much as you can do.

David
  3. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

Thanks David! I appreciate it... not sure how I missed that.

Any idea on how to set the Trial price with recurring for 2CheckOut? That's the only thing I can't seem to figure out...
  4. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

Does anyone know how to get this to work with 2CO? I had no problems at all with PayPal, but 2CO is like a new world to me... any help would be appreciated!

I was hoping it would be really easy, but I was obviously wrong. The Trial option is making it very difficult.
  5. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

You can set up two products with the exact same name.

1. The $1 7-day trial then $29.95/month.
    2. Just $29.95/month.

a. On the first product, under "Disallow subscription to this product if the following conditions meet and user has" you highlight four things: active and expired on both of these two products. So if the member has ever purchased either one of these two products they cannot purchase this one again.

b. On the second product, under "Disallow subscription to this product if the following conditions meet and user has" you highlight only 1 things: active on itself so they don't buy it while they are already paying for it.

c. On the second product, under "Require another subscription to order this product" you select the expired version of the 1st product. That way the 2nd product only shows up on their member page if the 1st product was purchased and has expired.

d. Set the SCOPE on the first product to visible for all (unless you don't expect them to order something else first then it could just be signup if it is only for brand new customers).

e. Set the SCOPE on the second product to members only because they would have already become a member when they did the trial.

f. Set everything else up identical on both products so they each give the service that the member deserves.

So if I remembered everything then your members can try the 7-day trial and just keep it as long as they are happy with it. They would never see the 2nd regular $29.95/month version of the same product. If they ever do let it expire they can never see that product again because it disallows itself. That's when the second version of the product would kick in so that if they want to resume they have to just start paying the regular fee again. If that ever expires, that's OK, it will show up again as an option for renewing on their member page and can go on like that forever if they start-and-stop.

Hope this helps.
  6. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

Gary,

That was awesome, thanks for the detailed post!

One thing, though...

What about the renewal group? Should that be the same for both the first and second options?

Thank you very much!

Clint
  7. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

Also, for 2CO - do I just setup the product for $1.00? Recurring = no, etc?

I guess I'm still a little confused by this. Sorry!
  8. clenard1

clenard1 New Member

I'd be willing to pay someone to fix this issue right now lol I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here, but nothing's working for me.