How to create a product option to a membership

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by devinmills, Mar 15, 2012.

1. devinmills

devinmills New Member

We are using aMember as a billing system for a dental office offering dental plans. The base plan is $19.95/mo and $10/mo for each child.

How can I set it up in aMember so that the user must first select the $19.95 plan AND then have some way of allowing the customer to specify how many children they want to add to their plan and have it add $10/child to the recurring total?

Further, is it possible to have dynamic fields so that for each child they add they have to provide a name or other info for that child?

Please advise!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Which version of amember are you using?

David
  3. devinmills

devinmills New Member

v.4 (latest version). I realize I may need custom development and need to hire someone as soon as possible that is qualified.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This already should be possible in shopping cart. Product quantity is supported in latest aMember PRO versions.
    Dynamic fields part will require customizations.
  5. devinmills

devinmills New Member

I have enabled the shopping cart module but can't find any documentation or where it resides within amember or how I can achieve adding product options like described above. Can anyone help get a little more granular on how I can accomplish this?

6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

The shopping cart module is available at
    http://www.yoursite.com/amember/cart/
    Customer can add products to "basket" then checkout to order.

To allow different quantity of product available to order, go to aMember CP -> Manage Products, click "Edit" on "Child" product, and checkbox "Allow users to change quantity" in the billing plan definition.
  7. devinmills

devinmills New Member

Ok, I understand that much. But what I don't understand is how to do the following:

scenario A: User adds product A to cart that charges $19.99/mo. User can ALSO add Product B to the cart for $10/mo with multiple quantity.

Or...

Scenario B: User adds product A to the cart. Product A has an option within itself that allows the user to specify if they want to add widget B to their plan for $10/mo for each widget.

As far as I can tell the user has to complete the checkout for product A for $19.99/mo AND then go back and purchase the other product for $10/mo. I dont' see a way to combine them into 1 transaction.

Am I missing something?
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sorry not sure I've understood where is the problem.
    Just create separate products for product A and product B they both will be available in shopping cart and user will be able to purchase both at the same time from cart interface.
    Just need to add both products into basket.
  9. devinmills

devinmills New Member

Thank you. You are correct. The cart url does provide what I need. An option on 1 product would be nicer but this will suffice for now. Thanks!