How to copy help desk ticket text onto alert email

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by strategicdeals, Sep 6, 2016.

1. strategicdeals

strategicdeals aMember Pro Customer

One of my clients wants to be able to see the actual message that the member posted on the help desk copied onto the alert emails that he receives. He says that sometimes he gets the alerts on the phone email app and it's a hassle to open Amember on the phone just to see what the ticket is about. Sometimes tickets are not urgent, so he's frustrated that he can't actually read the client's message right on the email.

I actually had thought about it before too, since sometimes we take the time to open Amember just to see that the ticket is about something trivial that doesn't have to be responded right away.

Is there a way to add some code to get the new message to be copied onto the email alert that is sent about the open ticket?
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

they do it here when we open helpdesk,
    see the whole message in the email and can even reply via email without having to sign in
    and when i asked, was told £200 for the custom code.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@strategicdeals you can use placeholder %message.content% in alert email template.
    aura_apps likes this.
  4. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

so how do we add this to helpdesk? emails as someone wanted me to pay when i asked a year ago