How to change text format of "Enjoy your membership"

Discussion in 'Installation' started by brucetech3, Mar 22, 2017.

1. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

How to make the text larger or bold, or different color for the Thank You for Signing Up page.
    Which comes up after successful PayPal payment for a new user member.
    Specifically, my management team wishes to enhance visibility of the string line:
    "Enjoy your membership. To Login please click here login"

I see I can change the text string wording at CP/ Utilities / Edit Messages, and search for "Enjoy".
    This line is the second hit on word "Enjoy".
    And they are wanting to change it slightly, no problem with that.

But what method will change the formatting (size, emphasis, color) of that string?
    The project management team feels it needs to be larger or bolder, so as to more quickly lead the new user to login and begin their usage process.

I have searched through documentation files (including Tips) and do not see how exactly to accomplish this.
    Thank you.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. brucetech3

Thanks Caesar,
    I am giving that a try.

By the way -- Is there a way to view the results of my changes to /thanks.phtml formatting (form edits and css edits), without my needing to make a real new user and payment via PayPal?
    If so that would be great because I could then bounce through several testing changes and see the results, without having to make a bunch of PayPal payments and then credits back to myself ...

Thank you.
  4. brucetech3

Also, for clarification, I am thinking you are not suggesting any actual changes to the thanks.phtml document itself, if the changes can be done by the AMember Configuration Edit Messages/Global Translations plus any format style changes to the theme css file.

(as any changes to thanks.phtml document would be lost in a version upgrade, while I am thinking that config changes and css changes would be retained.)

yes, or ... ?
  5. brucetech3

I'm making some progress with font sizing, though it is global. And I changed the text label through the CP Edit Messages Global Translations for the second instance of "Enjoy". Good so far.
    But how to make that last line stand out more with a background color or bolding?
    The help page you reference, with the suggested file, would apply in a global fashion to all and not to just one line of message on that page. (We do have a layout.phtml file in a custom folder /public_html/amember/application/default/themes/prevoz110/ . Though nothing that I can see relates only to that part of the specific Thanks page. I pasted it into a text file so that I could upload here as an attachment for you to see, if it helps any.)
    So perhaps the thanks.phtml would need to be edited if I needed to have a different font size or boldness or color background on that line... just guessing here.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You need to copy this template (thanks.phtml) to your theme folder and change it here. Your theme folder is not overwritten with upgrade.
  7. brucetech3

Hi Caesar,
    Thanks. I have been able to make the changes to that line,
    "Enjoy your membership. To Login please click here login".

I can though apparently not change the first line: "Thank you for Signing up" which is apparently also the page title. I tried several things, including style font-size: 1.5em; but it had no effect.
    Any idea on how to make that line larger? Though it is not a high priority since I have managed to enlarge default text size, with other repercussions, see next paragraph.

One of the things I found was that the original custom theme css file and site css file had a primary size setting of 10pt, which is not technically correct, as 'pt' should be used for printing, and 'px' or 'em' used for screens.
    Anyway, not your issue, rather that's the way the original site coders did it 15 or so years back...

But apparently my changing it to be 16px instead of 10 pt has caused the Amember Login form to have the username login lable dissapear behind the data entry box.

My management team loved the 16px setting because it made the text on the Thank you page larger and easier to read. However, the downside is the Login boxes out of alignment.

I can see that the login page corresponds to [amember\application\default\views\_login-form.phtml]
    But I am not an expert at the interaction between the Amember phtml, scripts and resulting html page.

Temporarily, I changed the theme.css to be body { font-size: 14px;
    Which lets the Login page line up.
    Is there a best way to have the Thank you page larger, but still be able to have the Login page labels and boxes aligned OK?

Thanks. (I hope this is still acceptably on topic, since it all seems connected to me)

Attached Files: