How to allow same Membership twice?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by richardmadison, Feb 6, 2017.

1. richardmadison

richardmadison New Member

Hey All,

I'm wondering if there is a way to allow a customer to purchase the same membership twice. For example, if the Product offered was web hosting.

We'd like to allow the customer to order the membership a second time and have it show up twice in the system (differentiated by custom field "domain name" on the product level.)

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Richard
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Sure, the domain name can be added to the signup form and be available in the transaction.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

4. richardmadison

richardmadison New Member

Thanks, that all makes sense in terms of customizing the domain name.

My problem is more that a customer cannot purchase the same "Product" twice, even if they use a different "Product Option" (in our case domain.)

Here is what happens when a customer that has already purchased our lite hosting plan, attempts to purchase another lite hosting plan (for a different domain):

https://screencast.com/t/TQgfYLaAXD

The second purchase is used to extend the original purchase - I tried this with both the recurring and free options.

So, to be clearer in my question, how can I allow the customer to purchase 2 different instances of the same AM product?

I'm probably missing something trivial that will allow that. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello Richard,

Yes, you just need to edit your product and modify 'Start Date Calculation' setting for it.
    You can find it in section 'Product Availability'.

In your case you need to leave only 'Payment Date' option.

product-start-date.png

I hope it solve your issue.

Best Regards.