How to add address fields to admin > User > "Add User" form

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by rodrigodc, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodrigodc

rodrigodc New Member

I see where I can edit the sign up and user profile forms with in admin. In those forms, I have required users to sign up with their physical address (address, city, state, etc.). However, when I manually want to add a new user, or whenever I wish to edit a an existing user (Admin > Users > Browse Users > Edit), I cannot seem to be able to add the address fields (or any other fields, for that matter.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

you can make custom fields, but i think the address is a defraulted code
  3. rodrigodc

rodrigodc New Member

Thank you for your reply ccwjames. However, my question pertains on how to add those fields within the Add New User form, not how to create new fields. The address fields already exist in the database and can be readily included into the sign up form.

Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

I am currently testing the add address details to the signup form in my test environment and the address fields also appear in the admin 'add new user' form.

Cannot remember doing anything in particular to make them appear I thought they did so automatically.
  5. rodrigodc

rodrigodc New Member

Thanks thehpmc. Weird. I do not see those fields on my add new user form and I cannot think if I excluded them. I'd doubt I did.

Obviously, some fields can be added and deleted from this form. Who knows how to do this?
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

These fields is available in add user form by default.

I guess address fields just collapsed on your form in admin interface. Do you have 'Address Info' title in your form? You can click on it and expand address fields.

Another suggestion you or someone else from your team customize aMember previousely and removed these fields.

Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) we will check your instllation.
  7. rodrigodc

rodrigodc New Member

Thanks Caesar. This is so embarrassing!

Yes, there is a collapsed Address Info title menu that is all the way down at the bottom of the form and for some reason I failed to see it. Once I clicked on the Title menu, the address fields become visible.

Well, that just goes to show you that simple issues have simple solutions sometimes.

Thanks for all your help and I hope my lack of detail helps at least someone else.
  8. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You are welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.