How Do You Set Trial Period Using 2Checkout???

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by marketingmonkey, Nov 3, 2011.

1. marketingmonkey

marketingmonkey New Member

Hi,

When i switch to use 2checkout as my payment processor the Trial period box isnt there in the product edit screen?

Is there a way to give customers a trial period using 2checkout and amember or can this only be done using paypal?

thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes 2CO plugin in aMember do not support trials.
  3. marketingmonkey

OK thanks alexander is there a list of payment processors that do support free trial periods?

As i do not want to only rely on paypal bringing me in over 400 subscription payments per month lol!

Regards,
    Colin.
    tlsubmit likes this.
  4. marketingmonkey

See post above as i need more options than paypal!

Thanks.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Look at ClickBank.

I believe 2CO does not support free trials at all, not only with aMember.
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I'd also suggest clickbank- you also get access to their affiliate network as a bonus.

David
  7. marketingmonkey

Hi David,

I have products on ClickBank all ready but the site I have now would be abused by their 60 day money back guarantee no questions asked so won't use them for this site.

Plus I have an in house affiliate program for members only with some top JV partners!

Its ok I have integrated Plimus as a 2nd payment option for now as well as paypal!

I just know the paypal horror stories, so I always look for back up providers thanks.
  8. thomas

thomas New Member

2co DOES in fact support trials, its just backwards (literally) how they set it up. I had to call them and a support tech walked me through it, and i've been using it for a couple of years now. Nonetheless...

- I for my membership, its a $9.99 trial for the first month, and then $34.99 for each month thereafter.

- Begin to create your product in 2CO.

- for the PRICE section, enter into the "Product Price Field" what the normal monthly price will be...AFTER the trial.

- in the RECURRING section, select YES for "Product Recurrence".

HERE'S WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS. In the "Startup Fee" field (which is the equivalent of what they will pay for only their first month), enter a negative number that is equal to or lower than your regular monthly price.

To get key $9.99 for the first month, i have -25.00 entered as my startup fee.

If I wanted a free first month, I would enter -34.99 as my startup fee.

That has worked like a charm for me for a couple of years. I hope that helps!!

Tj