How do you get Email Notifications when new members sign up?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by invictum594, Jan 15, 2015.

1. invictum594

invictum594 New Member

I feel like i'm missing this setting somewhere....but I would like to be notified when a new member signs up in my personal email so I can send them a personalized email blast.

Also, it would be REALLY cool if there was a chrome plug-in that would *ding* with any sound you wanted when a new user signed up.

For me, I would make it *ding* the sound of a cash register. "Ka-Ching!"
  2. edward_shephard

edward_shephard aMember Pro Customer

You could use the 'admin payment notifications' option in the ACP if you want to send something to the admin address, otherwise you could add a custom php mail function into USER_AFTER_INSERT hook: https://www.amember.com/docs/API/HookManager
  3. invictum594

invictum594 New Member

I don't see the payment notification option.
  4. edward_shephard

edward_shephard aMember Pro Customer

setup/configuration > email > messages to customer after payment > Admin Payment Notifications
  5. invictum594

invictum594 New Member

Thanks man! worked like a charm.
  6. tharyn13

tharyn13 New Member

If you have a mobile device, you can download Boxcar app, for free, and then set an email forwarder (such as gmail) to forward the New Free Signup email into your Boxcar app (which will give u an email to use). And then you can set Boxcar Inbox settings to "Cash" sound when you get an email.

This is literally how I have it setup right now, so that every time I get a new customer, my iPad makes a cha-ching sound. I love it.

Works for any mobile device. Enjoy!

Note: Make sure your aMember email settings are on: Admin Payment Notifications AND Admin Free Subscription Notifications are enabled to get the emails.

Enjoy!
    invictum594 likes this.
  7. invictum594

invictum594 New Member

You are a prince among men Tharyn.