How do I protect videos I need to store elsewhere?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by aprylian, Dec 8, 2013.

1. aprylian

aprylian New Member

My VPS is running out of space and my site is full of sculpting videos. I need to store these videos elsewhere as costs for more space through my VPS is prohibitive. But how can I keep these videos protected if they are not hosted in my amember site?

any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Too bad it's not two domains on one server. I could help. Sounds like you might need the remote access plugin. I would contact support with your need and see if they recommend the same.

Regards,
    Jon
  3. aprylian

aprylian New Member

Hmmm...well another possibility is I could get another VPS and have two...I would actually be cheaper to do that and I'd get more space. Is that still complicated though?
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Rather than two VPS why not get a single, larger, one?
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Please consider Amazon S3 (http://aws.amazon.com/s3/) to store your videos. aMember can handle files from Amazon S3 out of the box.
  6. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

...what Caesar said. It's easy to set up in Amember - when adding the file, you just browse to it in S3 instead of uploading it - and Amazon S3 is very cheap.
  7. aprylian

aprylian New Member

I have set this up, but now just having trouble getting it to work. I'm using Joomla 1.5 and usually used All Videos Player. But it will only read the videos from s3 if I set the SCL to everyone. Not exactly secure.

I notice there's a setting for flowplayer and I found one that would work with 1.5 Joomla. But it's still not doing the videos right. Is there a certain joomla plugin that must be used to work with amazon s3?