How Do I protect content on WordPress pages?

Discussion in 'Installation' started by rhodian, Apr 10, 2014.

1. rhodian

rhodian New Member

I am creating a WordPress network.
    I have completed the installation of aMember, created membership levels (products), categories, plugins, etc. I also watched the videos, but how does aMember protect my pages and how do I go about it when I create new pages? I understand how to protect files and folders but there is nothing on pages in the video.
    I expected to see a menu on the new page creator in WordPress with options to select which memberships may have access.
    I probably just overlooked something but I am stuck and would appreciate some guidance.
    Cheers!
    Rhodian
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Did you install aMember plugin for Wordpress to your Wordpress installation already? In case you already did it you should be able to set up protection on edit page screen in wordpress. Please have a look http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress
  3. rhodian

rhodian New Member

Thanks Caesar, that was very helpful and I am able to see it on all my network site's settings.

Have a great day mate!

Cheers!
  4. infoasis1

infoasis1 New Member

Hi Rhodian,

Would like to ask help. With the blog network, did you mean you were able to use the Amember script through Amember Remote?

I was wondering if it was possible to run amember remote on a wordpress site if the main installation is from another domain.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. posted the question but haven't yet received an answer.
  5. rhodian

rhodian New Member

G'day mate,
    As far as I know amember has to be installed on the root of the same domain in which WordPress is installed. I'm setting up a WordPress network so all of my sub-domains are managed but nothing from other domains. Sorry, I'm struggling with this myself also, I wish I was a geek ;-)
  6. elasticpath

elasticpath New Member

I think web scrapers and content theft in general is getting CRAZY sophisticated and perhaps the real challenge for the wordpress.com community will be the balance between over-protecting content and maintaining a good user experience.
    Here’s a related post (NOTE: no affiliation with that website) I found early this week with additional protection ideas. Despite being from 2010, I think it’s still relavant: http://go.distil.it/MkYIrQ
    rhodian likes this.