How could amember add PAYM to its list if payments

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ccwjames, Nov 22, 2015.

1. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

PAYM in the uk is a pay by contact payment

You sign up to your bank and add a mobile number to it for pay contact

the user once reg with their bank, just sends a text to the number and no bank details are shared.

So i was thinking how could this be used for amember.

Firsty i was thinking off the offline payment and rename this to PAYM with a guide what to do.
    Then i was thinking, that good, but you still have to manually wait and check pay before giving the user membership.

Then i saw credits

http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Credits

so as i have a auto script that checks a payment and allows a code to be made from a button. I was wonder could I sell credits (same as prices for members) and link to ONLY the offline payment?

or other ideas? to get the transaction quicker?
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Credits will not solve the issue that you are basically taking cash and need to handle that manually.

The business FAQ specifically says that it does NOT have an API or any integration, there is also mention that there possible hurdles for a business user ... dunno I am not in the old dart so no idea about what your banks do.

One way (still manual) would be to take the payment, create a single use coupon and send that back to the client which ends up giving you the flexibility of 3rd party payments.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015