How Can I Make my SignUp Form be the Home Page of ANY Theme

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by websiteworldbiz, Dec 18, 2015.

1. websiteworldbiz

websiteworldbiz New Member

I created an aMember form I call the squeeze page. So we have

I have been given two methods that are not satisfactory
    • .htaccess method - RewriteRule ^$ /member/signup/squeeze/ [R=301,L]
    • Optimize Press Method - making a page and adding redirect code
    These methods are not satisfactory because the URL is not masked meaning
    If a user types in www.mywebsite.com the URL is changed to www.mywebsite.com/member/signup/squeeze

I want the www.mywebsite.com to say www.mywebsite.com

How can we make my form www.mywebsite.com/member/signup/squeeze the home page for any Theme that I can purchase and keep the URL masked?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You can create a signup form on any page outside of aMember and then when potential member signs up and hits the 'Submit' button on your form it is 'posted' to amember for action.

This way you can have the page URL anything you want. If you save the page as 'index.php' then if they enter your site via 'www.mywebsite.com' then this index page will automatically render.
  3. websiteworldbiz

websiteworldbiz New Member

4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Or download it to your computer, rename it 'index.php' and then upload it to the root directory of your site.

Now whenever someone visits your site that is the page they will land on if they enter 'www.mywebsite.com' in the address bar of their browser.

Remember this page will be outside the aMember directory so the action attribute in the form will need to be the full address to a Member signup.