How can I add the 'Agree' checkbox on the signup form?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by jimojeda, Apr 21, 2004.

1. jimojeda

jimojeda Guest

Hello Amigos!

I know that aMemberPro comes with the ability to add a "Check 'yes' to agree to our Terms and Conditions" box. However, the problem is that it's in a new step of it's own. I'd like to see that box right on the signup.php page.

How can I add it there and have people simply click on the "yes" on the signup page and when they click on the "continue" button have them go straight to the credit card details page?

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jaime Ojeda

P.S. Oh, and what I mean about adding the 'agree' box on signup page is that I'd like to see it on the first page. You know, where the user enters their name, username, password, email address, address, city, state, zip, and then click on "continue". The way it's currently set up, people have to go through THREE steps to create their membership. I'd like to cut it down to two steps by adding that agree box right on the bottom of the first screen when they go to "signup.php". Any ideas how to do this?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can just add html to signup.html template like

I agree with terms: <input type=checkbox name=i_agree value=1>
  3. jimojeda

jimojeda Guest

Wow!

Hey Alex, have you told you that you are awesome? No? Well here goes... YOU ARE AMAZINGLY AWESOME! :)

Thanks again man!

Jaime Ojeda
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

thank you very much for the feedback!
  5. sjscproject

sjscproject New Member

I need a check box and text by it saying "I agree with User License Agreement" These words link to an outside page.
    Most of all if they don't check it, they can not continue to payment page.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can use User Agreement brick on your form to implement such feature.

Go to aMember CP -> Configuration -> Forms Editor edit your signup form and add User Agreement brick to it. Then click configure link on this brick and enable option 'Does not show Agreement Text', click save. Then click labels links on this brick and replace I Agree with I Agree with <a href="/path/to/your/terms">terms and conditions</a>, click save. Than save all form and test it.

By the way you can create page with terms and conditions in aMember as well.
    go to aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Pages and create new one. You need to do access to this page public - all visitors (without log-in and registration) and for all members