How can I access aMember on my LAN to test mobile devices?

Discussion in 'Installation' started by engineerwsu, Aug 6, 2015.

1. engineerwsu

engineerwsu Member

I purchased a license of aMember Pro 4. In order to test my development codes on a mobile device, I need to access the aMember installation from another device on my LAN. I noticed very quickly that accessing aMember from via my IP address gives me a message that the license doesn't support that domain. Kudos to the development team and I can understand why they lock this feature.

I have read that I can request a license for a website and possibly change it for 3 months. However, it might be at least 3 months before I'm fully ready to deploy the package. Is there some other way that I can use aMember on my LAN?

The development license says it supports local, dev, localhost, and 127.0.0.1. However, even changing my server alias to dev gives me a fatal script error message. I am using uniform server to develop the customized codes and I'm new to aMember and uniform server, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

You would need to setup DNS on your LAN so that you (for example) point youramemberdomain.dev to your local development machine and setup your uniform web server on that machine to recognise it too. Then, you can use the development licence on that install.

Cheers
    Rob