Hiding wordpress profile from members

Discussion in 'Integration' started by bennyuk1, Oct 26, 2012.

1. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

I'e noticed that on some pages, such as comment areas, (in wordpress) there are links to the wordpress profile.php anmd wordpress logout page
    eg
    Logged in as Ben Woowa. Log out?

Now the logout link (which points to wp-logout) is handled nicely as it redirects to amember logout. However the profile.php still goes to the WP profile page which I'd like to avoid.

Is there a good way of redirecting all profile page requests (made by non admins) to NOT go to the WP profile page and insead go to an alternactive, say the amemebr dashboard?

thanks
    Ben
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

This may depend on your theme, but I think there is a wordpress plugin that will prevent users from going into the wordpress profile page. (sorry, dont remember the name offhand)

David
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    I've added such setting to plugin. Contact us in helpdesk if you need it before release.
  4. vida_evelyn

vida_evelyn New Member

I'm reviving this thread. I don't want members signing in to wp-admin under any circumstances and I don't want them to have access to their profile in WP. I don't even understand why this would ever be needed.

I'm using 4.4.4 -- is there the option for hiding wp profile? Is there an plugin as mentioned above.
  5. vida_evelyn

vida_evelyn New Member