HELP, suddenly cannot access any protected pages,

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by traderrobotics, May 2, 2013.

1. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

I guess I previously posted this on the wrong forum subject before, because I'm not getting any replies at all.
    My site is completely blocking all protected pages.
    My site was working fine but now the protected pages are not allowing entry even from the members area links.
    I tried to rebuild the databases but that didn't help. It used to work fine, but now my whole site is unusable and I cannot sell products because if the buy them they will not be allowed to access them.
    Please help
    John
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Possibly a host change?
    Is this protected pages with htaccess or wordpress?

David
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

If you have a live site that is down the best advice I can give you is to post a ticket to support ASAP.
  4. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

David,
    The host is ipage and has not been changed at all.
    It's not a wordpress site, so I guess it's protected with htaccess.

5. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Grant,
    I did send in a couple of support emails on it, but haven't heard back yet.

6. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Recently I was adding some new pages and updating some forms etc, and at that time it was all working fine, because I was getting to all the pages that I added and all the product links in the members area worked fine then. It's probably something I did,(normally is), but I just have no idea what I could have done to make the links not work.
    john
  7. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Submitting a ticket to support and supplying login information is usually better than email.
  8. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Grant,
    I did look in my amemberpro several times but did not see and couldn't find a way to do that.
    My choices were to report bugs or documentation, and those were the only two links I found in the help menu. Those two choices didn't look like they were the correct resource for my situation.
    John
  9. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

That is probably because you don't have a current support package in place.

Access site via FTP and delete the .htaccess file (or maybe better rename it) that is protecting your products. Then go into your admin page and re-protect it. This will create a new .htaccess file.
  10. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

thhpmc,
    I would understand how to rename the .htaccess file on my ftp site ipage, but are you saying to re-protect all products that are not being allowed access now? I have about 10 products that are affected(all of them), so I would re-protect all of them using the same names and file paths etc? ( Im not experienced at this type of thing, so I may appear quite unknowledgeable about this stuff.
    john
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What type of products? How are your products protected? Are they contained within a folder?

Remember, on a forum, we can only make generalised suggestions as we have no idea of address to your site so cannot see any details!

Basically you need to remove protection to the products, check you can then access them without any membership requirement and then re-protect them.

It is possible your web-host has made a change which whilst not affecting the overall operation of the site the actual paths to the content have changed and so the protection links are now broken.
  12. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Thanks very much, you were exactly right, I needed to re-protect them and did so with the help of amember support.
    relieved, because I was about to launch new products and scale up marketing using clickbank too.
    John