Help needed with aMember/membership site/clickbank

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by edot3, Aug 5, 2009.

1. edot3

edot3 New Member

Hi all,

First off, let me explain my situation;

We have spent a great deal of time getting a site ready to go live in September, it is a membership (monthly subscription) site with a lot of downloads on it, built using Joomla! 1,5. These downloads are restricted to members of the user group "registered".

I was planning on using aMember to get people to pay to join and then assign users to the "registered" group. I wanted to use aMember with the joomla restriction plugin to assign users to the group and the clickbank payment plugin to get people to pay. I have just noticed that aMembe does not support recurrent billing using clickbank!

This leaves me in an awkward situation. I want to use clickbank because I want to use affiliates to sell memberships to the site. Using clickbank would allow me to track the affiliates easily and take payments easily. Unfortunately (apparently) I can't do this.

So I was thinking that I could still use clickbank to track the affiliates and use paypal as a payment processor, but clickbank doesn't track unless you pay through them.

Is there any way I can develop aMember so that it will track monthly recurrent billing through clickbank? Has anyone done this before?

I am a PHP/mySQL developer by trade, so if it's possible, then I should be able to do it, I just wondered if anyone could supply any pointers?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yes it does.

David
  3. edot3

edot3 New Member

Thanks

That will help a great deal then, just I looked here and it says that the payment plugin for clickbank doesn't support recurring payments!
  4. davidm1

It does, that info isnt correct..... aMember needs to update that.

David
  5. edot3

edot3 New Member

Thanks davidm1

Thanks for your help davidm1.

As a result of this, it would seem that aMember does exactly what I need. I don't have a clickbank product set up yet (they take a while to be approved apparently) so I tested aMember out with a paypal reccurring billing instead.

It seemed to work like a charm once I remembered to give aMember my paypal username! (lol - it was a long day)

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help. you're a star.

Does anyone know the cost of the plugins? I need Joomla and Clickbank.
  6. davidm1

Joomla is $40, clickbank is included.

David
  7. juscott

juscott New Member

Great info!

Is it possible to use BOTH Clickbank and PayPal for payment processing?

I'd like to generate my own leads and send them thru PayPal (so I don't have to pay the higher ClickBank fees)...but I also want my product to have exposure in the ClickBank Marketplace so I'd like to have CB integration as well.

Is it possible to integrate both payment processors? And how do I setup Amember to display the correct page for each?

Thanks!
  8. davidm1

Yeah you should be able to do it by creating a seperate signup page for paypal orders.

David
  9. juscott

juscott New Member

Thanks David,

I've been browsing other posts and think I now understand the Signup Wizard feature...but what about the Thank You page?

ClickBank requires that I display a message to the customer that their credit card statement will have a charge from ClickBank.

But of course this info is not necessary for my PayPal buyers. Can I configure Amember to display a different Thank You page depending on which payment processor is used?

Thanks,
  10. edot3

edot3 New Member

You could customise the page output for your thankyou page...

If you have a little programming experience with PHP you could customize the outputo of your thankyou page depending on where the user was sent from;

It would be something like this I would imagine;

PHP:
    <?php
    if($_SERVER['referer']=='clickbank'){
         echo 
    '<p>Thanks, you came from clickbank so we can show you their required terms and conditions.</p>';
    }elseif(
    $_SERVER['referer']=='paypal'){
        echo 
    '<p>You came from paypal so I can say whatever I want to you.  Thanks for paying me more! :p</p>';
    }
    php?>
    Just a rough guess off the top of my head, you would need to check the syntax. Hopefully it may point you in the right direction though.