HELP! aMember Database MISSING from Unix Server

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by filth2go, Dec 9, 2014.

1. filth2go

filth2go aMember Pro Customer

I have been an aMember user for over 10 years, and a very happy one. I have been on a dedicated server just as long, so it has not really been updated or maintained well.

Last Friday, aMember processed all of our transactions in the early morning. By afternoon, when I went to login, I got an error message that MySQL could not be located. Since it's a dedicated server, the most I got out of support is that their older servers have been compromised and, from what they could see, the aMember directory was empty. My hunch is that when they did a reboot to try and solve the problem, aMember was running and perhaps got corrupted. But that's only a theory.

The problem is that my last backup of the database was one year ago - not great for rebuilding. Does anyone have suggestions in terms of trying to restore the database? Is there a way to retrieve lost files on UNIX like on Windows? Are there hidden directories I should try to look for? If anyone is adept at trying to do this kinda stuff, please let me know....

Thanks,
    Billy