Have customized signup form. But user dashborad, payment history etc still use default layout..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by craigjwallace, Sep 16, 2015.

1. craigjwallace

craigjwallace New Member

Hi all,

I ahve successfully changed the layout of the signup form, using a "mysite" theme.

It works fine, although when a user is logged in, the linked pages ("Dashboard", "Payment history", "Profile" etc ) all ignore the new theme and use the default settings.

Could someone point in the direction of how to reformat these pages to look like my new layout too?

Do I need to copy additional files from the the default/view/ to my themes/mysites dir?

Thanks in advance.

CW
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

These page should use the same /views/layout.phtml so if you have customized that file, your modifications should be applied to member's pages as well.
    Can you contact us in helpdesk and provide url of your site an d any test login/password to check this issue.
  3. craigjwallace

craigjwallace New Member

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply. I have logged a helpdesk ticket to the European office. Upon reply of that I can supply login credentials for admin & FTP for my site.

CW
  4. craigjwallace

craigjwallace New Member

...btw I have not modified /views/layout.phtml.

I followed instructions (http://www.amember.com/docs/Themes_and_Templates) to make a applications/default/themes/mysite dir -- and create a new layout.phtml. in that.

Should I replace /view/layout.pthml with the new /misite/layout.phtml?
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No you should not do this.
  6. craigjwallace

craigjwallace New Member

thanks Alexander. I have solved my problem I think.

My webhost had moved my site to a different server. I was editing a non-live mirror. No wonder none of my changes were being effected.

CW