Has anyone gotten their wordpress login widget to redirect to a different page?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mpbiz, Aug 26, 2012.

1. mpbiz

mpbiz New Member

Hi,

I'm trying to get my amember 4 wordpress login widget to redirect to a different page. Right now, when someone logs in via the wordpress widget, they just stay on the same page. I want to make ti so that once they log in, they redirect to a new page.

It is pointless for someone to login on my home page and just stay there. They are logging in for a reason, because they want to be redirected to the members area.

I have already searched for this on the forum and as you can see in this thread here: http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/redirect-after-login-not-working.13729/#post-53770

Other people are having the same problem as well. Have any updates been made to the plugin to fix this? I know I could go hire someone to re-code the plugin for me, but I don't understand why the plugin cant just do this in the first place.

Does anyone have a simple solution that I can do myself?

Thanks for the help.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Looks like the plugin needs to be updated to follow the same rules that a login from the amember login page follows. I'll submit it to the bug-tracker.

David
  3. mpbiz

mpbiz New Member

Thanks David.

For now I guess I'll have to find a freelancer to help me edit the plugin to redirect the correct way.