Group Discounts?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by kellye, Aug 1, 2015.

1. kellye

kellye New Member

I've been contacted by a group and I'd like to offer them a discount if more than 5 of their members sign up for my membership site. They say they have 10 people who want to join, but we all know sometimes intentions don't become reality (and I don't want to offer the discount if it ends up being less than 5).

I can't think of a way to do this automatically within aMember, but does anyone have any ideas?
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

could do this i think with the
    Affiliate Commission Rules
  3. awylie

awylie aMember Pro Customer

I would also like to offer group discount - how can I get this done? Has anyone implemented group memberships, group discounts and group registrations?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

5. halmaclean

halmaclean aMember Pro Customer

Could you also achieve it with a custom form that you only give out to the organisation you wish to register as a group? You might consider using a coupon code that gives a discount to those that sign up, but there's no way to apply a discount once x number have signed - the client either commits to a set number of accounts and takes the risk on not filling them (the sub-user module is great for this - works a treat), or you accept that you might not get them all and end up with fewer users who have had a discount access.

You could get smart and look at repeat billing cycles and varying the fees accordingly, or use the commission model that pays back a set amount on a monthly basis, etc.

I can't think of how you could apply a discount only if X number sign up... you're able to achieve close to what you want using commission, sub users or custom forms and coupon codes.