Google Check after 20th November

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by shahg12, Jul 16, 2013.

1. shahg12

shahg12 New Member

Hi,

I see this message in google checkout nowadays

Code:
    ATTENTION: On November 20, 2013, Google Checkout will no longer be supported. Sellers of digital goods on Google (Google Play, Chrome Web Store, Offers Marketplace and Google Wallet for digital goods) will automatically transition to Google Wallet and will not be impacted.

I use 3.2.2 amember version, what changes do i need to make to continue using google wallet after November 20th?

Thanjs
  2. mdmr_llc

mdmr_llc aMember Pro Customer

I use 3.1.8PRO and have the same concern. Anyone from aMember can answer this, please?
  3. matthewebel

matthewebel Minister of Piano Rock

Yeah, I'm on 3.2.3 and a couple of my members use Google Checkout. Any response here? Or do I have to tell them to re-subscribe using Paypal? (Which they might NOT. Most people I know who use Google Wallet/Checkout are there because they hate Paypal!)
    mdmr_llc likes this.
  4. XUnleash

XUnleash aMember Pro Customer

Does anybody even see these forums anymore?
  5. domi

domi New Member

FWIW, I asked CGI-Central Support the question a few days ago. Here is what they answered:
    I then asked about a tentative schedule, to which the reply was:
  6. thecbclub1

thecbclub1 New Member

You could use something else until aMember makes a Google Wallet plugin. For example, try PayPal, as it works really well and is easy to set up.
    Why would you still be on version 3.x anyway? If you don't upgrade to a version of 4.x, then when aMember does release Google Wallet support, you won't get that feature.
    Good luck with your site for now!
  7. mdmr_llc

aMember still shows Google Checkout as one of supported processors. I just had one of the new customers try to use it and when I checked transaction history in Google, there was no trace of that transaction. It has officially discontinued. Any news about Google Wallet support?
  8. thecbclub1

thecbclub1 New Member

No idea when that Google Wallet plugin will be out. Might consider using it if aMember makes plugin.
    And now it is the new year and no news about it.
  9. mdmr_llc

It's almost April and while I was OK with just PayPal, I'd like to offer an alternative, especially to some of my European and Australian users. I still do not want to store CC info. Google has a good name recognition and they've been pushing Google Wallet. Amazon Payments is another potentially large emerging player. Those two will be beneficial in US, and in UK I think Skrill is getting a momentum.

CGI-Central, could you please refresh your payment gateway promo page: https://www.google.com/wallet/business/ Some links look quite outdated, and you still list Google Checkout, and they're not even around for the last 4 months.
  10. laoniu

laoniu New Member

Amazon Payments is another potentially large emerging player. Those two will be beneficial in US, and in UK I think Skrill is getting a momentum.