Good stuff to read?

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by rosieowl, Jul 21, 2009.

1. rosieowl

rosieowl aMember Pro Customer

I've had various free websites for over 10 years but after much nagging from friends and family (who think I should be paid for my hard work) I've now turned one of them into a subscription site. It's been a tough journey but I launched last night and am very excited.

I'd love to do some more reading up, either on paper or online, about subscription sites and how to market them and make them profitable. So far, pretty much everything I can find online is fairly junky stuff that (perhaps unsurprisingly) wants me to pay a subscription. I don't mind paying but I don't want to spend money on rubbish.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for inspirational, useful things to read.

Cheers
    Rosie
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Guess that depends on what kind of shop you are setting up (educational, etc)

Membership Academy is a great place to start. David is a regular here in the forums and generous with the advice.
  3. rosieowl

rosieowl aMember Pro Customer

Thank you I'll go and have a look at the site.

My site is aimed at UK teachers and schools (primary school/elementary school) but I'm interested to read about any kind of subscription site and then try to adapt ideas to my own needs.

Thanks again

Rosie