Gift Voucher Plugin issues

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by cheftoni, Dec 2, 2007.

1. cheftoni

cheftoni New Member

I have been unable to get an answer from Support through the ticket system, so I thought that perhaps another user could help with my issue with the Gift Voucher Plugin.

In the current configuration, a customer is required to enter a user name and password in order to purchase a gift voucher. Then they are sent a welcome message giving them access to the site as well (which I do not want to happen). I understand that with some customization amember can create the user name and password in the background so that the customer doesn't even know about it. I don't know how to do this and I don't know how to prevent the customer who is buying the gift certificate from getting a welcome message with a user name and password.

Can someone help? I can't launch my site until I get this issue resolved.

Toni Scott
    my site www.dinnermadesimple.com
  2. rapid

rapid New Member

Tony,
    From Setup/Configuration, you can check mark the followng "Generate User Name" and "Generate Password". From Setup/Configuration --> Email, uncheck "Send Signup E-Mail
    " under section "Messages to customer after payment". By uncheck this option, notification of user id/password will not be sent to all products, not just the gift voucher.

Sary
    http://www.Rapidlearningcenter.com
  3. cheftoni

cheftoni New Member

Thanks, Sary, for that suggestion. But I do want the other products to be able to choose their login and receive a welcome message.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This is possible but will require customization. Contact us in helpdesk we will help.
  5. rapid

rapid New Member

Cheftoni,
    Please let me what your customized solution.
  6. rapid

rapid New Member

In the gift voucher, I want to include the gift $value to the email for the sender. What is the field name for the gift value?
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

{$payment.amount}
  8. thomson

thomson New Member

I think the error rectified.

Well thanks there for the support.