Getting Paid For affiliate program

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dboi1012, Nov 18, 2009.

1. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

Hello all,
    I need some help. I have an affiliate program on my site and wanted to set it up so I tried it out with a friend and when I went into the admin it had my friend set as a member. But in my settings it is set to: All new members are affiliates when they sign up.

And when a member signs up and refers someone they do not receive their pay out commission.

This is holding up my site and need help with this.

Also I wanted a welcome {username} code on my front page when the users sign in. Do I save this code as a php file? and what do I upload it to?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Did the affiliate use an affiliate link to direct the new member.
    Did the new member get the affiliate id in put into their account?
    How did you check if the commission was recorded?

David
  3. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

yes they did

what do you mean?--Did the new member get the affiliate id in put into their account?

Well when I log into the admin i look at the members info and it says who its referred by but when I look at the referral they only receive a click they do not receive payout.
    I'm thinking maybe I have to put the '2 tier commission payout on first payment' on the product page to whatever commission pay out rate. An administrator said to keep it blank but I have a feeling the first payment and following payment should have a rate
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

If you don't set commission rates in product settings aMember will use global rates defined in aMember CP -> Setup -> Affiliate
    If you see affiliate in user's account but don't see commission, this seems to be configuration issue you can contact us in helpdesk and provide aMember CP info I will check settings.
  5. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

ok Also something is wrong with my cron job I keep getting this message when I log in

# Cron job has been running last time at 11/17/2009 15:00:01, it is more than 24 hours before.
    Most possible external cron job has been set incorrectly. It may cause very serious problems with the script
  6. alexander

7. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

I went to mywebsite.com/amember/cron.php it did not work that page came up blank
  8. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

please check out my ticket
    FMV-20409-814
  9. alexander

Answered in helpdesk already. Let me know if you need help with cron settings I will do this as well.
  10. dboi1012

dboi1012 New Member

Yes I need help with the cron job
  11. alexander

It has been configured.