Generic Plugin for Third Party Program

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by microlinx, Sep 2, 2015.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I have a third party script that I had developed especially for my site. Currently it requires a clumsy user registration and login process. I already run Coppermine Plugin and Wordpress Plugin and we tried to integrate the third party script into Wordpress, but ran into trouble with the encryption method and SALT keys.

So, it's back to the drawing board and now I'm thinking we should have just used the generic plugin that I have heard about in the past.

The third party script only requires a username and password to establish a new account, but bringing the user's first and last name in is a nice touch, since we already display that when they are logged in.
    It would also be great to include the automatic login feature. The script was just updated to work with PHP 5.5 so session handling should not be a big problem.

So, long story short, what do we need to get started? My software developer will likely handle the customization of a plugin, but I need the "vanilla" version to start. Thanks for any help.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

Yes, I did find :
    http://yoursite.com/amember/admin-plugin-maker
    and it works great! However, I need a status field, so I tried adding 'FIEDL_IS_APPROVED' but got a Fatal error:

Rebuilding Chbd Db…
    Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'FIELD_IS_APPROVED' in /home/username/public_html/member/application/default/plugins/protect/chbd.php on line 64
    Incorrect response received. Stopped!

How can I create a custom aMember Field?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

There is not such constant. Instead of self::FIELD_IS_APPROVED please use :is_approved (field name with leading : )