Generate Affiliate URL

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by casacobra, Oct 19, 2011.

1. casacobra

casacobra New Member

Hi,

An idea would be to allow a customer/member who is already an affiliate, to be able to generate a custom affiliate URL for a particular page, meaning when on a particular page it will allow for them to generate an affiliate URL to that page, better for conversion rates.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

This kinda sounds like an "invite" type feature. This is on the road map for the next release. I have suggested that an invite feature should integrate with the affiliate program.

There is a WordPress plugin that does invites - InviteApe - but it would not be tied into the aMember affiliate program.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Grant, I have to disagree. Invites are little different thing - it allows to use signup/order page only if visitor has special "invite" code. This way it can be used for fashionable today (is it still in fashion?) "launches" and similar thing.

I've planned to use this technique for our beta-testing program, but we managed to finish it without the invites module.

However, idea of casacobra is definitely doable and it will be done.

P.S. I suggest to add all wishes regarding v4 to http://bt.amember.com (use your amember.com username and password). It then will be lot easier to track, discuss, and follow implementation.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The way an invite campaign and an affiliate program work on the front end are different. It just seems there should be a way to reward someone that brings in people via an invite like you do when an affiliate brings in people.

I am not a coder, but it seems like you could use the existing affiliate pay out program to pay out to those that promote your site by either placing affiliate banners or promoting the site with invites.

In some cases you may have one person doing both and to have a single place to check on the rewards seems logical to me.

Thanks for Getting V4 out. The WordPress plugin ROCKS!