Full integration - aMember & WordPress

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by miso, Apr 15, 2008.

1. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk I will check what can be wrong.
  2. Desiderius

Desiderius New Member

Integration is not working

I have the exact same problem. The phrases will not be shown! What happened here? What can i do to solve this problem?
  3. alexander

Possible there is an error in smarty template. I need server access in order to check and fix this.
  4. Desiderius

Desiderius New Member

Hello Alexander,

thx for help. How can I send you the details?
    I also send you 1 another problems to the support system!
  5. sharris203

sharris203 New Member

Anyone know how to do this with the Thesis theme?
  6. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Yes: Ken Gary, checkout his website to see what I mean ;)
  7. jccbroker

jccbroker New Member

I take back my edit - That link above isn't a "solution" - it's an advertisement.

I'll proceed with reinserting my post in the "aMember Pro Forum" not the "Hire Ken" (and double my cost for what I paid for aMember to get this question answered) at his website. But thanks! :)

Attempting to integrate Thesis with aMember - used the instructions here and based on the simple framework made the appropriate substitutions.

I get the following errors in the login (2nd only in admin login) (note: if I attempted to added the php session start to openhook above the page to insert a login, a 3rd error would be generated indicating cannot send cache session limiters - headers already sent.

PHP:
    Fatal errorCannot redeclare thesis_header_area() 
    (
    previously declared in /home/content/usr/html/wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/html/header.php:4)
    in /home/content/usr/html/amember/templates_c/%%190^%%1901021975^header.html.php on line 25

PHP:
    Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 
    '../wp-content/themes/thesis_17/lib/html/header.php'

(include_path='/home/content/usr/html/
    amember/plugins/payment/paypal_pro/lib:.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php'

in /home/content/c/s/a/csa51/html/members/config.inc.php on line 59
  8. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Sorry I misread your 'how' for 'who'. Nevertheless you can still checkout Ken's site because I know that's Wordpress with Thesis ;)

But anyway, integrating Thesis would be the same as integrating Wordpress.
    First start with building your site within Wordpress by using Thesis.
    Then check out the numerous posts on how to integrate Wordpress with aMember.
  9. alexander

Please contact us in helpdesk and provide access info.
  10. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

You've got your paths messed up there - double check that.

And integrating Thesis with aMember isn't as straightforward process as integrating other themes... just heads up, to warn you that you might have to spend a few sleepless nights trying to figure it out and pulling out half of your hair in the process...
  11. jccbroker

jccbroker New Member

Oh, I figured that much out with all the Googling, going with the simple idea of substituting commands as I did here, and then when I got the errors, heading back to Google and coming up very empty.

Thesis is great...just not perfect. ;)
  12. jccbroker

jccbroker New Member

the "usr" is a shortening
  13. lsotcoaching

lsotcoaching New Member

Reviving an old post again - if I modify config.inc.php the way it is described here, the "continue" button from the signup.php form stops working. Any idea on how to succeed integrating the wordpress header into the amember login/signup page?
  14. andyb

andyb Member

This was really useful!! I was able to integrate amember member pages into my wordpress 3.0 ms site and have everything look great. It even works on subdomains and uses the theme of the subdomain that the user is currentlly on.

I had to do some finangling to stop it from throwing up errors about functions already being declared but this post really helped me get it done.

thanks a lot Miso for posting it here and not pointing people to a 'pay me first' solution!!

:)

Andy
  15. andyb

andyb Member

fixing the 404 class on themes if using wp-blog-header.php

if you're noticing a 404 class being applied to the theme if you're including wp-blog-header.php in your amember template it's because wordpress doesn't recognize the page if you're using it's theme on your amember pages and it thinks you're requesting a page that doesn't exist.

To get around this, use wp-config.php instead of wp-blog-header.php with this code in your header.html

Code:
    define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
        require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../wp-config.php');
        global $wp;
        if($wp){
         $wp->init();
           $wp->parse_request();
           $wp->query_posts();
           $wp->register_globals();
           } 
    This will set everything up so you can use all the wordpress native functions in your template like get_header

You can also specify a particular header to use, for example, get_header('amember'); which will include the file of the current theme named header-amember.php which is useful if you want to include all the amember css inside the <head></head> block.

(took me bloody ages to figure this out!)

Andy
  16. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Brilliant... ;)
  17. andyb

andyb Member

just thought I'd return the favour :)
  18. jrbtok

jrbtok New Member

I have tried this and it brings in the wp template fine.

But I cant get past the login screen.

when I login it goes to the redirection page like its logging in correctly but then it just goes back to the login page, never making it to the users profile
  19. alexander

Are you able to login if you remove wordpress theme integration?
    Please contact us in helpdesk, I will check this and fix.
  20. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

I've been playing around with this all day now. I guess I'm like a lot of other people who have posted on this thread.

I can get it to pull the theme into the aMember pages fine, but can't get past the signup page, or the login page.

I put logic around including the wp-config.php file so that it's not included when I'm in the aMember admin pages. Otherwise it won't get past that login screen either.

I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 and aMember 3.2.3. I've tried this with both the Thesis theme (which you have to handle differently when you get to the get_header()/get_footer() calls) and the TwentyTen theme.

Can you let me know if this is still working for you and perhaps post your complete site.inc.php file (or however/wherever you're doing this)?

Appreciate it!