Frontpage Extension Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ahroc, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ahroc

ahroc Guest

Hello

First and formost how secure is the user information?
    How secure is the website with this system?

I just reciently set-up a family website. I used Frontpage2003 to create it and I am using the server permissions to set passwords for the subwebs.

Structure
    myweb.org - nonsecure entrance -introduction page, 1 link to hub.
    myweb.org/hub - secure subweb, links to everything in site.
    myweb.org/album - secure subweb, simple Frontpage photo album, only links back to hub. I may upgrade this to a better album in php or something.
    myweb.org/forum - secure subweb (IPB just like this forum), currently requires login, I set up a bunch of log in fields with this forum - address and stuff, I would love it if the initial login to the site also let users into the forum without loging in again.

What I have works but drives me nuts, it requires username and password between each site, thus my search for a product like yours.

Because this site will contain a lot of personal information security is important to me.

Comments?
    Thanks!
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

aMember doesn't encrypt member profiles. However, even on shared hosting, nobody has access to your MySQl database.
    If you want to be 100% sure, order a dedicated server from rackshack.net - it is as cheap as $100/month and you can host as much sites as you want.