Free/trial Version And Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Geoff, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Geoff

Geoff Guest

I installed the FREE version og Amember to try it out to see if it is usable or if necessary if I need to buy the full version. I have it installed, but I see no admin options for the PHP include and .htaccess creation. The documentation doesn't say that this isn't in the free version? So I read this from your online manual:

"Setting Up Protection
    Step 1: Enable php_include plugin.

Open the aMember Admin Control Panel
    Click on Setup/Configuration from the left menu
    The Configuration : Global screen opens
    From the top menu on this page click Plugins
    The Configuration : Plugins screen opens
    Select Protection Plugins
    A list of the options available for protection appears, select php_include.
    Step 2: Include check.inc.php in your pages
    "

I do not have a Setup/Configuration from the left menu?!?! My left menu contains the following:

Admin Menu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browse Users
    Search Users
    Add User

Reports
    Payments

Edit Your Products
    Add Product

Logs
    View Error Log
    View Access Log

Delete Old Records

Info and some URL

Version Info

Logout

Check for update
    Report bug
    List my site for free

So how do I setup the security? If I can't do that then this trial is useless to me.

Another question, using Amember, can I have it so that a non subscriber and a subscriber can load the exact same page, but the logged in subscriber will see extra content? I would rather not have 2 areas of our site but just one area where the paying viewer gets to see more content on the same page as the non paying viewer. Is this possible?

One last question: do you plan to add something so that a subscriber can only access so much information (in terms of megabytes per month) so they won't abuse the site and download too much stuff at once or over and over.

Please reply via e-mail: gwaye@thezone.net
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Read http://cgi-central.net/opened/html/ instead. aMember Free has no setup option in admin panel, but you already have htpasswd and php_include plugins enabled, so you don't need this option.

Yes, it is possible to customize page as you want.

No, we are not going to implement this yet.
  3. Aurora

Aurora Guest

I'm having the same issue. There is no control panel so how am I supposed to set up php_include protection, like the manual says?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Where did you get aMember Free?