Folder location of content to protect

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by lupino, Dec 19, 2012.

1. lupino

lupino Member

Ciao a tutti
    But the folders in which they will have to download the products to the buyers must be inside the folder where I installed aMember? I'm just keeping the folder in a domain.

:rolleyes:
  2. lupino

lupino Member

yet another question:
    In the folder you want to protect us have to put directly the file to be downloaded (pdf file in my case) or should I put in an html page with the link to the pdf file?
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

No nothing goes in the aMember folder.

Create new folder and upload your to be protected files into that folder. PDF are ok, that is exactly what I do.

Now go to aMember admin protection and set up protection for the folder created. Now if member tries to connect to that folder aMember will take control and ask them to login or register.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Suggested structure:
    /member (amember directory)
    /content (main content storage)
    /content/audio (for your audio files)
    or
    /content/lesson001

David
  5. lupino

lupino Member

Thanks, maybe I begin to understand.

io ho questo tipo di struttura:
    [​IMG]

• When i set security on the folder, in "folder location" I have to, or do not have, also select the file for download?
    • Then the field below the url of the folder, to me, is compiled automatically, I have to correct and add more?
    • In the access permissions, if I created the categories, I have to select either the category or the product, or you just need the product?
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

What I usually do is to protect the folder, and set this to hide- then create links for each content item the user will download.

David
  7. lupino

lupino Member

But the connection can create one by selecting the product on the bottom of the tab for the access permissions? or how? This is precisely the problem that I can not understand. Where do I put the link of the product?
  8. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Basic structure of your site should follow following basic structure:
    public_html
    <DIR~amember>All the files relating to amember ONLY
    <DIR~wordpress>If used
    <DIR~protected by aMember>Content you want to protect: This directory can contain more directories if required. Everything within the protected directory, including further directories, will also be protected.
    <DIR~protected by aMember>You can have as many of these directories you want provided each is protected.

Remainder of your site pages including directories.

Within this section of directory structure would be your index (or home) page. Within these site pages are the links to your protected area. Unless of course if you are using Wordpress or similar the links would go there.