File upload

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by foreverpetcare, Oct 16, 2015.

1. foreverpetcare

foreverpetcare New Member

Hi there,

I am looking for the user field for the Implements #1604 in the new release. Where do I find it?

Also, in the profile form is it possible to add in the page divider for multi-page profile?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can add additional field at aMember CP -> Configuration - >Add User Fields (choose upload or upload_multi as type) then you can add this field to user profile from at aMember Cp -> Configuration -> Forms Editor

You can not divide same profile form to multiple pages but you can add multiple profile forms with different fields.
  3. foreverpetcare

Thank you Caesar.

With the multiple profiles.... is it possible to have a main profile for a user and then add sub-profiles to that profile through a chart such as the the "users list"? This way the user can add as many sub-profiles as needed?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Can you explain on example?
  5. foreverpetcare

Hi Alexander,

Sure... to explain. When I have a client register as a member they need to fill out their own profile (name, address, etc) and then they need to answer many questions regarding their current pets. A member can have 1 pet or 40 pets... right now I have just multiplied the user fields in the profile by naming them pet_one, pet_two, etc... which leads to a very long profile form that many will not need. Also, currently if my member sells that pet or it passes away, there is an issue with that profile section being filled out to a non existing pet and now the member needs to scroll past that pets info to fill out another pet profile lower down.

The idea is to have a tab on the members profile labeled "Pets". When you click on the tab there is a chart such as our "browse users" chart or "product" chart, giving the member the ability to just add a new pet (new user) to their "pets chart" as needed. When you click on the add a pet button, a profile specific to the new pet would pop up and you can edit the specific questions about that pet, save, and add another pet profile if needed. This way if they sell a pet or it passes away, they can just update the status on the chart and that pets profile can become inactive. The member would be able to add an unlimited number of pets and still have a very easy profile to work with.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

aMember has not such feature by default. We can develop module that will work according your requirements and will handle your use case. Please contact us in helpdesk ( https://www.amember.com/support ) with customization request.

Thanks.