Feature Suggestion: Add setup fee ability

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by jimojeda, Apr 22, 2004.

1. jimojeda

jimojeda Guest

Hello Alex,

Here's one feature that I think we will definitely need soon. I'd like to be able to create a recurring product and charge a setup fee for it.

For example, suppose I have a membership site and I'll be charging $47 per month for my service, but I need to charge a one-time setup fee of $20 on the first signup. There should be an area in the CP when creating the product where it says, "Setup Fee". If I enter an amount, then aMember will automatically charge that amount on top of the regular fee just on the first time the person signs up. If I leave it blank, then aMember will obviously ignore it and not add any additional fee to the monthly recurring charge.

So in my example, when John Doe signs up, he'll pay $67, and only $47 per month thereafter.

If this feature is already available please let me know so that I can go upgrade the existing copy of aMember that I have. If not, would you at least consider adding this neat feature to your already amazing product?

Sincerely,

Jaime Ojeda
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is possible with most payment processors. It is called "Trial 1 Period" and "Trial 1 Price".
    In your case, you would set
    trial 1 price = 67
    trial 1 period = 1m
    price = 47
    duration = 1m
    recurring = yes
  3. jimojeda

jimojeda Guest

So I guess I need to upgrade, right?

Alex,

I'm using Linkpoint as the processor...

An since I don't have the options you specified anywhere in my products page, I'm guessing I need to upgrade to the newest version of aMemberPro. I currently am running version 1.9.3RC22PRO.

By the way, remember that you made some customized tweaks to our software so that it displays a special "receipt.html" page after a successful payment confirmation? If I upgrade, will I lose that and need you to tweak the scripts again?

Jaime Ojeda
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it will require tweak again. However, I cannot remember what exactly it was. I don't think it is interesting for other forum readers, why don't contact our support directly?