Fatal Error - INSERT command denied (?!)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gennaro_montone, Jul 17, 2016.

1. gennaro_montone

gennaro_montone aMember Pro Customer

Hello guys,
    this is the error that suddenly this morning appeared:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Am_Exception_Db' with message 'INSERT command denied to user [...]

Click and look at the bottom:
    http://www.learnvray.com/amember/signup/installments

No updates, no changes, I didn't anything :(
    Any idea about the solution and/or causes?
    Thank you so much!
    Jen

PS I'm full of users complaining... >.< ogm
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

I Posted this up some time ago as a means of testing if there was a 'Connection to Database' problem. Try it and see what results you get:

[Original Post]

Do you have cPanel on your server? Try accessing aMember and then go to cPanel error logs page and copy and past relevant error message as it could give a good indication of where problem lies, such as aMember or Wordpress databases, username or password problem and also if being addressed with correct host details.

PHP:
    <?php// Database details$db = '';$user = '';$pass = '';$host = 'localhost';$prefix = 'am_';$port = '';//Database access test$dsn = 'mysql:dbname='.$db.';host='.$host;
    try {$db_conn = new PDO($dsn$user$pass);
    } catch (
    PDOException $e) {
    echo 
    "Could not connect to database";
    }
    echo 
    '<br>';
    echo 
    'V1.00<br>';
    echo 
    'Bye'?> 
    Try adding your database name, username and password to the above code and then saving it as 'access_test.php for example.

Now upload it to your server and try accessing it from a browser. Screen should simply say 'V1.00' and 'Bye'.
    If it also says 'Could not connect to database' then some of the details entered were incorrect in some way.