Export formats ? and donation support ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by nyc, Apr 10, 2004.

1. nyc

nyc Guest

Export formats ? and donation support ? phpbb support ?

Hello:

looking at using this product for a non-profit site.

The admins use excel and Ms Access to manage off-line accounts. Is there any built in support for exporting to CSV or similar format so that they can reconcile the books ?

And how does importing old data work ? We have a list of 4,000 or so users with their name, email, and passwords in an ms access MDB file. Is it pretty simple to import that in ?

Also, when users sign-up, can we have a minimum payment, plus a donation field so people can give more than the actual regitration price ?

And finally, I've read contradicting posts about phpbb support. Is the amember plug-in able to allow for a 1 login process with phpbb ? If not, are any of the other open source forums supported ?

thanks.
  2. nyc

nyc Guest

any info ?

oh, and this is re: the pro version ...

thanks.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Yes, aMember can import/export CSV files. You can see how it works in online demo: http://www.cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/demo.php

2. Unfortunately, it will need customization. Price can be discussed here:
    https://www.cgi-central.net/support/
    Let me know which payment processor(s) you are going to use.

3. No, specially for phpBB single-login is not implemented. Unfortunately, it seems that single-login is impemented for commerical boards only.
  4. nyc

nyc Guest

thanks.

we are currently using paypal ... is it possible to have a 'donation' amount ?

is there a list of forums that it will work with single login ? does ivisonboard 1.3 work ? or do I need to buy vB.

thanks.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is possible.

Invision Board will work. Currently, single-login works with the following boards:
    vBulletin
    Invision Board
    WowBB