Errors bugs, with product ordering

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by traderrobotics, Apr 10, 2012.

1. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Cannot get products to make it past email verification without errors . 2 days of testing and adjusting settings and still getting errors. My free product works, and my one time charge products works some tmes. But my recurring charged product won't work by it self or with another product.

1st price 27, first period 30 days, rebill second price until cancelled, 2nd price 27, 2nd period 30 days, terms blank,quantity 1, paypal number blank, start date calc= last existing sub date and payment date.
    There are the errors I'm getting.
    "An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details"

" Sorry, it is impossible to use this payment method for this order. Please select another payment method : Unknown period unit: FIXED"

2. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Also I do have each product as a separate product brick and I also tried it all on one brick.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hmm that error message shouldn't be generated if you configure product as described in your post.
    Please contact us in helpdesk and provide aMember CP info, we will check what can be wrong.
  4. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

thanks I have now done that. FYI here's what I've found so far - I have found that if I put the recurring product on the top of the order form (making it a required selection) then other non recurring products below it, will be allowed to be ordered. But they will still be disallowed from add/renew choices, even if the customer never ordered them and I did not disallow them. However, if I make a separate members add/renew signup form as default, then the non recurring products will be allowed if I keep the original Required recurring product showing (which the customer already ordered).
    Thanks for quick response.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Based on your latest helpdesk post, I've understood that you fixed this already?
  6. traderrobotics

traderrobotics Member

Well, it's my understanding now, that amember does not officially support multiple types of products (recurring payments and non recurring payment products) on the same order ("it's impossible" they said).

So I have found a way to make it work for me, (as described above) which seems to work "good enough" if you know the tricks. Sandbox tested good. So I"m not going to trouble amember with issues on a process they are not officially promoting or supporting.
    It is disappointing though, I feel Upselling to ANY product, is a primary marketing technique. It surprises me that amember has not addressed this limitation. When someone is ready to spend money, I want to offer everything I've got to them with one click upsell convenience, on the initial sign up, when buying momentum is strong.
    If you've got any other tips for workarounds on the multiple product type upsells, I'd like to hear them, because I"m still trying to smooth out the entire ordering process even more. Research clearly shows that the more clicks a person has to do the more sales are lost.
    Thanks alot for checking back with me, glad you are concerned about our issues.
    John
    mikhailjb likes this.
  7. mikhailjb

mikhailjb New Member

Wow that was a close call!
    This little limitation would have blown my reason for having aMember on my site.

I have to say that its a bit poor on aMembers part if this is not going to be supported in the future.

Clearly if Paypal support such a transaction and aMembers implementation of the Paypal does not, then the problem is with aMember.

John you really saved my a lot of stress with finding the work around I would not have guessed that reordering the product bricks would have made a difference.
    Thank,
    Mikhail
  8. sorenhoyergroup

sorenhoyergroup Member

I've found an acceptable solution, which works for the update which was released today, but it didnt work for 4.2.16 but not for .15 or prior versions.

You can't have your one-time offer in the first block, but you can put your recurring offers in the first "product" block (which is the required one), put an empty options there as well (this now works, didn't work in the last version). In the next product block you can put your one-time payment products...

The other way around still doesn't work, but at least this is acceptable I think. I just don't understand why it can't work in the other order.