Email Queuing Plugin for v3.1.x

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by robw, Jan 6, 2010.

1. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Email Queuing Plugin for v3.1.2 onwards

Hi All,

*** For latest news, see here:
    http://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?p=53207#post53207

One of the most needed features of amember (in my opinion) is the ability to queue and throttle email delivery.

So what's the big deal with that?

Well, for starters, it prevents aMember putting your server under load, so no more risk of frustrated members fighting with a sluggish website every time your server gets a batch of emails from aMember.

Plus, aMember will now work properly on web hosts that have an hourly email quota, so no more risk of losing members because your newsletters, autoresponders and expiry notices just got trashed.

After running into problems on a larger site I manage (3226 members), I recently created a plugin to handle this, and have shared it with Alex and the team, who have just announced that they are working this concept into version 4 (yay!).

But in case you can't wait for amember version 4, or aren't able to upgrade too quickly, I've just released this as a v3.1.x plugin.

http://www.amemailqueue.com/

This plugin is a must have if you run an aMember based membership site.

Cheers
    Rob

Ps - It handles ALL amember's bulk emails (not just newsletters), and comes with a 'buy once, use on all your personal amember sites' licence.
  2. jadeb

jadeb New Member

Hi there,

I just clicked the link to look at your plugin, but the price on your site says $97 while the price in your post says $47.

Did I go to the right place?

Is there somewhere else that sells the plugin cheaper? I only need this for one single amember site and it's for a membership base that hasn't reached the server limit yet, but is slowly creeping toward it. So, it's not a high production site and I don't want to have to spend $97.

Thanks in advance,
    Jade
  3. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hi Jade,

Yes, you got the right place - the price went up some time ago (my last post was nearly a year ago!).

I do offer it at a discount to people who have already purchased my Facebook plugin for aMember, so that's one way to get it cheaper.

Cheers
    Rob
  4. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Over the last year, many web hosts have tightened up on their email limits, making the need for email queueing in aMember a critical part of the system, rather than the 'nice to have' it used to be.

So after conversations with Alex and team, email queueing functionality has been brought forward to the latest v3.3.0 release onwards as a standard feature.

Because of the importance of this functionality, and recognising that upgrading can sometimes be a major task if aMember has been customised, I've agreed to make my plugin version of email queue available to everyone running v3.1.2-3.2.4 for just $17.

http://www.amemailqueue.com/

This plugin is now life expired, so I'm turning the source into the public domain and it's offered free to anyone who still has a use for it... but please note that there is ABSOLUTELY no support for this old plugin any more.

Get it here: http://www.cogmentis.com/230/email-queue-plugin-for-amember-v3-x-now-free-life-expired/

Cheers
    Rob
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Nice decision, Rob! It is a great gift to all aMember customers. I will stick this topic to make it visible.
  6. danhere

danhere New Member

As someone who is currently cleaning up the mess from emails overloading a server, I can definitely see the value of your plug-in.

My hat's off to you for creating it and congrats for your work being recognized!
    robw likes this.
  7. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner