eFront eLearning (LMS) integration plugin v2 (Moodle alternative)

Discussion in 'Integration' started by skippybosco, Dec 19, 2010.

1. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

I would make use of the course / lesson subscription rules within aMember instead of relying on the eFront group membership.
  2. jahandar2002

jahandar2002 New Member

Hi there,

I need help in Efront integration with Amember pro.

** I just installled eFront (version 3.6.12) **
    1) is there a way to get amember to authenticate users once rather than being authenticated again by efront!?

2) The moment I login to efront and click on something, I am kicked out and get this error: Your session has expired, please sign in again. What can I do for it!?

3) Nothing is shown in my product page related to efront courses or etc

4) In integration section of Amember, No group or subscription is shown. What can I do

I Would really appreciate your helps and guidances.

Regards,
    Ehasn
  3. skippybosco

1. That is exactly what the aMember eFront plugin does, provides single sign on.

2. Clear your browser cache/cookies and restart browser. Login into aMember as a normal user (ie. don't log in to admin at all).

3. Have you enabled the eFront plugin in aMember and configured it? Have you ensured that your API is enabled in eFront and removed the 127.0.0.1 from the IP restriction list?
  4. jahandar2002

jahandar2002 New Member

Thanks for your response.

I am running on a shared host, So instead of 127.0.0.1, what shall I use!?
    In integration section of Amember, No group or subscription is shown. What can I do

Regards,
    Ehsan
  5. skippybosco

1. Leave it blank.

2. Group and Subscription will populate once you get the plugin and eFront configured properly.
  6. jahandar2002

jahandar2002 New Member

Thanks,

1) I set it to blank and followed your advise to login as a user (Not admin) but I am stopeed by efront login page again. and when I key in the user name and pass I get this ::"Your username or password is incorrect. Please try again, making sure that CAPS LOCK key is off"

2) Now My admin is facing this weird error any time I login to efront" Your session has expired. Please click here to login again"

Thanks
    Ehsan
  7. skippybosco

1) have you fixed the problem with the product page not showing eFront courses/lessons, configured a product to have at least one lesson or course and added that product to a new user? The user is added to eFront at the time the product is added to their account.

2) clear your browser cache/cookies and restart your browser and log directly into aMember as a user (not admin).
  8. jahandar2002

jahandar2002 New Member

I cleared the cache and etc. but nothing is shown in product pages, and this error of expired session is really annoying. Even I reinstalled the efront but no change. When I click on few features (eg, groups) inside the efront everything just shows loading I don't know why.!!
  9. skippybosco

eFront showed on the product page in aMember v3, since you are running v4 it is a little different. You add the integration in your admin under the "Integration" section and then optionally add a link via the links section.
  10. newcreation

newcreation New Member

does the eFront insatllation is a same for 4.4.4 version?
  11. hnorris

hnorris aMember Pro Customer

Hi skippybosco,

Can you tell me if it is possible to get the latest version of Amember to manage multiple efront 3.6 installations ?

Thanks for your reply
  12. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@hnorris Yes, it is possible to manage users in multiple efront installation from single aMember installation.
  13. hnorris

Wonderful news. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Can you guide me to a howto so that I can get it set up ?

Many thanks
  14. caesar

You need to create new file:
    amember/application/default/plugins/protect/efront1.php

and put the following code to it:
    PHP:
    <?php

require_once 'efront/efront.php';
    class 
    Am_Protect_Efront1 extends Am_Protect_Efront {}
    Then you will have additional efront plugin and can enable and configure it. You can do same way efront2, efront3 etc.

In order to such approach works with efront plugin some changes to required to plugin itself.
    I already did these changes. Please contact us in helpdesk and request latest version for efront plugin.
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.
  15. hnorris

Thanks for your help. I have the new efront plugin. However I have a problem.

1. After having correctly created efront1.php to efront4.php and activated them, I now have 5 plugins called eFront on the buttons at the top of the page in Setup/Configuration. Is there a way to give each one a different name ?

2. I do not know if it is connected but in Integrations > New record > Plugin I can only see ONE eFront, not all five. On top of that, the Efront plugin can no longer connect to the first eFront installation ( before I had no problems ) Any ideas ?

Thanks
  16. hnorris

Hi again. I have fixed point 2. I still need some help on point 1 :

After having correctly created efront1.php to efront4.php and activated them, I now have 5 plugins called eFront on the buttons at the top of the page in Setup/Configuration. Is there a way to give each one a different name ?
  17. caesar

I sent you updated efront plugin. Please replace your file with new one and then you should have different titles for plugin config tabs.