eFront eLearning (LMS) integration plugin v2 (Moodle alternative)

Discussion in 'Integration' started by skippybosco, Dec 19, 2010.

1. trainsem

trainsem Member

Ah, the amember-efront integration plugin zip file. :)
    Incidentally, the link there is broken:
    This one is also broken:
    Thank you again. I had followed those steps, but it all worked once I deleted the test user and added him back after fixing the ampersand problems.

I suggest that the doc should refer to the "high ASCII" characters as non-alpha-numeric or "low ASCII". For me high ASCII are the European characters that you need to use alt+0163 and similar to generate. It's unfair for Efront users to be blocked from using those low-ASCII characters when they are commonly used.
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Glad it got sorted out. Thanks for the follow up, I'll keep it in mind when we release the aMember v4 version.
  3. skippybosco

I am ready to start testing the eFront integration plugin for aMember v4.

For those testing aMember v4 and looking to test eFront with it, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.
  4. dikovsky

dikovsky New Member

I honestly searched forums, but didn't find an answer. Is there any way to make following thing:
    Case 1 - New user (non existant in efront yet) filling in sign in form for one of the products and, then system redirects him to external page, with text like: "you'll get access to efornt after payment"
    Case 2 - This user has payed for the product. When he logging in (efront plugin creates his account in efront) system redirects him to student.php page with courses list.

I know how to make Case2, but didn't succed to make Case 1. If I make redirect (in amember LOGIN configuration) after log in to www/student.php, with Case-1 it ends on "session expired" page, which is logical.

Any ideas will very apreciated.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Case 1 - you may create a product, say "Free Signup" with price = 0.00, period = lifetime in aMember.
    Create a separate signup form for it in aMember Cp -> Forms Editor. There is a sample:
    http://www.amember.com/amember/signup/index/c/Zsf73IvPr
    Then go to aMember Cp -> Protect Content, and add "Link" to point to a page with any text you want to show these customers.
    Now, on aMember Cp -> Setup -> Login, make sure it redirects to first available product url, and it will work.
  6. dikovsky

dikovsky New Member

Alex, thatks for reply! I've made everything as you suggested and it works in a way that all signed in users, regadlles of they payed or not are redirected to the page, where link points. But how to make that not payed users are redirected to the custom page, but payed users - to efront? Still questionmark for me.
  7. dikovsky

dikovsky New Member

Well, for some people it needs time to get an idea - I got it with some delay )). It works now.
    In addition to the first link, I've made second link, pointing to efront (in protect content) and connected it with needed product (not-free).
    So, when user just signed in, it redirected to the custom page, but when he made a payment for defined product, he redirected to the link associated with this product - to efront.

Thanks Alex!
  8. alex

It's nice to hear!
  9. trainsem

trainsem Member

The docs for v4 are still incomplete. The Adding New Products page says:
    This is correct, but for those adding an eFront course, do we have to go to Protect Content > Integrations?

I paid for v4.1.7 to be installed for me, but I still can't see my eFront courses in eFront Subscriptions. (My original problem). I have left a support ticket.
  10. trainsem

trainsem Member

Comparing the old and new aMember directory structure:

v3:
    /amember_old/plugins/db
    /amember_old/plugins/payment
    /amember_old/plugins/protect

v4 doesn't have a plugins folder. Yet I can see eFront inside the 4.1.7 control panel configuration menu. It's not working, as per my previous post. Does this mean I have to apply for the "test" in message #63 above?
  11. linguaspectrum

linguaspectrum Online English Teacher

I had the same problem. A new install of v4 and eFront but nothing showing on the Integrations page of aMember. Then I remembered a new api2.php file that Skippy had created for eFront. I found the file and uploaded it to replace the eFront api2.php. Now everything works as it should.

I'm not sure where you can find the api2 file in this forum, so I have uploaded it with this post. It seems to work. Just replace the api2 in the eFront www folder.

Attached Files:

12. trainsem

trainsem Member

Thanks, Richard, but it makes no difference here. From Protect Content > Integrations > New Record > I cannot see my courses in "eFront subscriptions". (Actually, there is a trivial difference. With the version I got with Community++, I see no hyphen in that field; with yours, I see hyphens but not course names. -- My course names don't have low-ASCII characters such as & or high ASCII either).

Below that, in Access I can see one course I had successfully created while in v3 but I cannot see the rest of the catalogue.

Since I have logged a ticket, I reverted to the original file and will bate my breath until they get back to work on Monday.
  13. linguaspectrum

It's odd, but having installed aMember 4 on a new site, I am now having the same problems as yourself. Nothing showing up on the Integrations page! Did you have a reply to your ticket?
  14. alex

It could help a lot if you submit a ticket to helpdesk with access info. It is not too much we help in forum with this problems, specially if we talk about such a complex system as eFront, where you replace api files on your own and so on...
  15. linguaspectrum

Will do.
  16. skippybosco

The issue trainsem was having is that his lesson names had & symbols in them. Please sanitize your group, course and lesson names and try again.
  17. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This issue has been fixed in latest version of plugin. So just contact us in helpdesk and request latest version.
  18. razlie

razlie New Member

Hi skippy,
    I've using aMember v4 Pro and using the latest eFront intergration (Efront Community ++ 3.6.11). I manage to create a membership product with that intergrate with eFront. However, the problem is when the product period is expired ( I set the setting in eFront to be deactivate after expiry and I set link to protected content (which have eFront URL) the following occurs :
    1. user in aMember shows status expired
    2. but in eFront the member is still active (suppose to be deactivate)
    3. and although the link to the protected content i.e. eFront URL is not visible at the aMember members page, but if the user knows the URL to eFront, user can just login from aMember then type eFront URL and user can enter the student.php page due to eFront user is still active.
    Is there anything wrong step that i missed? Appreciate your help.
  19. scribendi

scribendi New Member

Hi Skippy,

We have a WordPress/aMember/eFront website at http://www.grammarcamp.com

WordPress is used as a CMS exclusively.
    eFront is obviously used as our LMS.
    aMember is used to streamline the login process and integrate a payment gateway with eFront.

I am rapidly approaching my deadline for this project and my boss is starting to ask questions. [​IMG]

Here are the issues I am experiencing:

• Essentially we have many courses and we want new users to have access to all courses once signed up and paid. We have setup a new user group in eFront and set this group as the default group so all new members are automatically assigned to the group. In the aMember/eFront integrations settings I have set the eFront Groups to the default group we setup. We have also assigned ALL of the courses to that group. When a new user signs up, they are successfully assigned to the user group, however, they are not assigned to any of the courses.

[​IMG]

• I have set the eFront logout redirect to the aMember logout link and the aMember logout redirect to the aMember login. When a user clicks the eFront logout link it appears as though they have been logged out as they are forwarded to the aMember login page and successfully logged out of aMember. However, if you return to the eFront install at http://www.grammarcamp.com/learn/ ... the user is still logged in. Essentially making it impossible to log out of eFront.

• When a user logs in via the aMember login form, they are successfully logged into both aMember and eFront. However, if you browse to the eFront install at http://www.grammarcamp.com/learn/ and then back to aMember at http://www.grammarcamp.com/enroll/member the user is nolonger logged into aMember. If you browse to any other pages within the website outside the eFront install or to any other website on the web and back, the user is still logged into both eFront and aMember. It seems that as soon as a user browses to the eFront install, it logs them out of aMember?

If you could provide some insight on these issues, I would be great appreciative. [​IMG]

Please help!
  20. scribendi

scribendi New Member

I have resolved the second 2 issues by adding the line define('AM_SESSION_NAME', 'AMSESSID'); to the file amember/application/configs/config.php.

In the instructions for setting up the efront plugin at http://www.website.com/amember/admin-setup/efront, it is a bit deceiving as it states:
    To avoid possible issues with single login between amember and Moodle, edit /amember/application/configs/config.php and add this line to the top of the file after <?php line: define('AM_SESSION_NAME', 'AMSESSID');

As you see it says possible issues between amember and Moodle, not eFront, which is why I did not implement this to begin with.

I am still however, having the issues laid out in point one about integrating multiple eFront courses with a single aMember product.

Cheers